Monday, November 4, 2013

Some things you just can’t learn by hearing and seeing, you have to practice them for yourself. When I was in elementary school, before we were able to join band, I already knew what instrument I wanted to play. I wanted to play the trombone and it seemed simple enough to learn how to play it. Once I joined band I realized that learning to play the trombone was not going to be as simple as hearing the notes and watching someone else play the instrument. Practice was necessary and I spent many nights practicing all of the different positions and notes. Some nights I would get so frustrated I would think of quitting the next day. As I grew older I became better at playing. I learned all of the notes and also how to march while playing in the marching band. Here I am now a senior in high school and when I get handed a new piece of music that I have never seen before I am able to play it very well.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cody, this is Isaac. I'm not in band but, I would like to try to play the drums sometime. I like to play on random stuff when I practice. I have only played a few times and most of the time it's on my uncle's drums. He has a band with his friends. (I don't know what the bands called, sorry.)

    ReplyDelete